Team BoShow loves ‘love’ and always has weddings on the brain. But if you’re not already planning your big day, maybe you’re planning to pop the question? Which is exactly where The Three Graces comes in.
Company founder and romantic events planner Sarah Mithcell is on hand to help inspire the story of your big proposal! Here she explains 5 awesome ideas for asking someone to marry you – see them below or come meet her at our next BoShow Festival where she’ll have ideas for your wedding day too!
1. Make more of Most of Milestones Taking the next step in a relationship will often coincide with other big milestones in your life together. If you and your partner have secured the house of your dreams but don’t yet hold the keys, see if you can charm the agent and current owner into allowing you a quick “sneak peak” one evening before moving day. Pour a glass of something chilled and make the first of many magical memories in your new home.
2. Maroon Yourself Nothing fans the flames of love more than a special, secluded moment of magic between loved ones – and what’s more magical than fireworks? Take inspiration from “The Theory of Everything” and hire a private punting tour, to take you and your partner across the River Thames, where you can watch the University of Cambridge’s May Ball firework display. With bobbing boats, a cosy blanket and starlight exploding above you, what more could you need to set the scene for your big question?
3. Collaborate Whether it be on your local village high street or a chic London suburb, make stars collide by enlisting the help of local business owners. Have your local brewery hand out two glasses of your partner’s favourite craft ale as you pass; have the florist fill your partner’s arms with “free” flowers; or slip the busker a little something to strum their favourite tune as you stroll by. And why not have the baker casually offer free slices of wedding cake too? The finale could be you on bended knee, ring in hand – or perhaps you’ll have the local jeweller show up and hand it to you, too!
4. Family Values If they’re big on family, why not discreetly find out the story behind your partner’s parents’ engagement, then replicate it? Bring the idea to life with framed photos and symbolic trinkets from their parents’ wedding day and have the song from their first dance playing softly in the background. Your Mother and Father-in-Law will love you for it too.
5. The Game-Changer Leave your partner a map with instructions to revisit meaningful places and set them a series of challenges to complete at each location. Wellie-throwing? Puppy-cuddling contest? Shots with your gran? Anything goes! Just be sure to have mutual friends waiting at each location to cheer them on to the final venue, where you’ll be waiting with a very important question to ask…
Like Sarah’s ideas for your proposal? Head to our BoShow Wedding Festival in Henley for more inspo on celebrating the one you love!
[pics in order via: Notonthehighstreet, Anna Pumer Photography, Bespoke-bride, Love My Dress, Culture Colectiva]